Ben Smith is a thoughtful, introspective creative who uses his life experience to help others explore and navigate their own journey.
Many of those experiences occurred during a dark time of Ben's life when he was forced to learn invaluable lessons.
Personal struggles with violence, addiction and self-loathing shaped Ben into the compassionate, gentle, magnetic and joyous person he is today.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
In his writing, Ben explores the universal struggles that everyone can relate to in some way.
"The world is on the cusp of a major positive shift in social consciousness. Each one of us can be a part of helping to create the tipping point, and I believe we should.."
Tell us about yourself. Who are you as a leader?
I'm very grounded, self-assured and have a lot of faith in a positive outcome. This is my influence as a leader.
What is the #1 conversation you hope men and women are engaging in right now?
Coming to a better understanding of how to centre or ground yourself to experience much more success with much less effort, and as a result, becoming a brighter, more positive light in the world.
Where is the best investment for our time, energy and influence and why?
Being with ourselves to find a calm, easy, positive perspective. In a world filled with distraction and confusion, depression, and suicide, the greatest commodity in the world is the ability to be a positive impact on others through your own energy.
To encourage participants to focus on self-empowerment and partner-empowerment, beginning the process of re-building self-assurance, groundedness and confidence that leads to great fulfilment, peace and happiness with less anxiety and stress.
The virtual workshop format begins with casual introductions to build a safe, welcoming environment. Workshop Facilitator and Trainer Ben Smith will share his personal story to build trust and rapport, briefly introducing the process he journeyed from suicidal self-loathing to happiness, and how he has maintained this steady state of ease and joy for almost ten years. Participants will be invited to join in a short, light warm-up with stretching movements to feel the benefits.
Ben will then lead a simple yet satisfying movement practice where attendees will learn the basic movements involved in competitive boxing. This movement session will be followed by deep stretching and breathing. The workshop will close with a discussion on the following:
- What makes you feel special/proud of yourself/self-assured?
- What brings you the most joy?
- How do you want to feel, and who do you want to be in the world?
Before leaving the session, attendees will be provided with an opportunity and invitation to move forward with further guidance by Trainer Ben either 1-on-1 or in a small group and a quick explanation of the benefits and logistics of how that might look.
Hosted by father-daughter duo Ben & Willow Smith, Loving Goliath is a show about finding love for the monster within us all. Join them weekly to be part of the discussion in topics such as anxiety and stress, suicide, overcoming breakups and finding a sense of purpose.
Check out our trailer!
• "There aren't many guys that can drop the macho energy like [Ben] can. I'm sure that's why I could share my situation with you. I appreciate your advice and will put it to use."
• "I was really touched by your message on suicide and self-acceptance in episode 2 [of Loving Goliath]. I think it's so easy to think like, "oh man I could have been like this or that or had job X or Y" especially in a world where we are constantly suffocated by everyone else's success. It was really nice hearing this from a strong guy though because shit like this I can't talk to with about anyone in my family. It's nice to hear these things from someone like Ben who has this big personality but is so sincere in his feelings."
• "This is a game-changer. Most people don't seem to care about men's mental health."